If you want some holiday sweets to serve to your guests, this Eggnog Fudge recipe is a once a year treat that’s oh so easy to make.
Yes, you need to make this fudge during the holidays when eggnog is available. Put it at the top of your holiday dessert table list, and enjoy while you can!
A candy thermometer is an important tool.
Taylor Precision Products Stainless Steel Candy Thermometer
- insulated handle
- adjustable pan grip for any size pan
- easy to read & candy temperatures printed as convenient reference
- measures in both °F and °C from 100 to 400°F
Highly rated on Amazon.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans,
- 1 teaspoon rum or rum extract
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, eggnog and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium, and continue to boil, stirring frequently, 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture reaches 234°F (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat; add chocolate and nutmeg; stir until smooth. Add marshmallow creme, pecans and rum; mix well.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch square pan lined with buttered foil. Cool completely; cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Recipe and photo courtesy of America’s Dairy Farmers
Want more? See all of our Christmas goodies recipes.