This easy one-pot Chipotle Chili is easy to make, and exactly what you need after a chilly day. (That’s a pun, folks!) Wonderful vegetarian chili.
This one-pot chili simmers for 25 minutes, filling the air with a tummy-tempting, soul-satisfying aroma. Wholesome and hearty, it’s exactly what you yearn for at the end of a winter’s day.
Hotter Than Hades Chipotle ChiliCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
½ tsp sea salt, divided
¼ tsp pepper, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
14 oz diced fire-roasted tomatoes
14 oz red beans, drained and rinsed
14 oz pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 c vegetable broth
7 oz chipotles in adobo sauce
30 oz sweet corn with liquid
2 limes, juiced
sour cream (optional)
jalapeno slices (optional)
- In large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir and cook 5 minutes until onion is translucent. Add garlic and red pepper. Stir and cook 8 minutes until soft.
- Add tomatoes, red beans, pinto beans, broth, chipotles in adobo sauce, corn, remaining salt and remaining pepper. Simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chili has thickened.
- Squeeze lime juice into pot; stir. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, jalapeno slices and cilantro, if desired.
Recipe, video and photo courtesy of Culinary.net
This was cooked in the Circulon Symmetry Casserole with a locking straining lid.
- Heavy gauge hard-anodized aluminum construction is twice as hard as stainless steel & lasts 10 years longer
- PFOA-free metal utensil safe interior
- Dishwasher safe
- Double-riveted stainless steel handles are wrapped in silicone for a comfortable grasp & oven safe to 400°F
- Shatter-resistant, tempered glass lid features built-in, locking strainer for draining off liquids or straining soups and sauces
Want more? See all of our chili recipes & ideas.
Want to see our new chili recipes – and more?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing