This is a classic. The Huevos Rancheros breakfast burrito will be a family favorite.
Huevos rancheros means ranch eggs in English, which suggests a hearty breakfast.
Huevos rancheros are traditional Spanish-style fried eggs or scrambled eggs on corn tortillas with a savory salsa.
When you use prepared salsa and refried beans this is a quick, easy, delicious breakfast recipe the kids will love.
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burrito
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 c Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pkg fresh salsa
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ c purple onion diced
- Heat salsa in a saucepan over low heat.
- Put a little olive oil in a skillet and one by one heat the tortillas until they are heated through and bubbly. Place them on a warm plate in a warming oven or oven set to lowest temperature. Sprinkle with cheese and let melt while you cook eggs.
- Put butter in your skillet and cook eggs sunny side up, about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Place one tortilla on a plate. Heat refried beans in microwave and spread on tortilla to taste.
- Put a layer of salsa and then place fried egg on top. Sprinkle with a little more cheese, cilantro, pepper and onion to taste.
You may also like:
Want more? See all our breakfast burrito recipes & tips.
- How to roll a burrito so it won’t fall apart
- Make ahead breakfast burritos for the freezer
- What to serve with breakfast burritos: fillings, toppings & sauces
- Lots of breakfast burrito recipes for adults and kids
Want more? See our exciting breakfast recipes for kids & adults.
Exciting breakfast recipe ideas for days when you want to have a leisurely brunch and reconnect with family and friends, for a traditional “start the weekend” extravaganza, for a quick-out-the-door morning and recipes especially for adults or kids.
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want more, more often? See our new breakfast recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.