You’ve had your day. You’ve recovered from your hangover. Now it’s the cat’s day. Of course. January 2 is Happy Mew Year for Cats Day.
How to Celebrate Happy Mew Year for Cats Day
1. Celebrate only when they’re ready to do so.
You know cats call the shots. No celebrating until they say so. Grumpy cats may make you wait til next year.
2. A box is necessary.
We need a celebration box. Not too big – confined spaces are best. Not too small – hate it when the tail doesn’t fit. And decorated for the holiday, please.
3. Spend quality one-on-one time with your cat.
Snuggles are in order every minute of the day. Especially in confined spaces. Can’t fit in a box? How about a blanket tent.
4. Gifts are in order. Food. Catnip. Toys. All of the above.
5. Not just gifts. Party hats & cupcakes too. But lots of gifts.
Hope you’re not all shopped out with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas. Happy Mew Year for Cats Day requires gifts too. And all the other trimmings.
6. Cats get to pick the movie on Happy Mew Year for Cats Day.
- Cats by Andrew Lloyd Weber: people dressed as cats, singing & dancing
- Puss in Boots: swashbuckling cat
- Garfield: coolest cat on the block
- Catwoman: superhero cat
- Pet Sematary: spooky undead cat
- Oliver & Company: Disney Oliver Twist cat in NYC
- That Darn Cat: Disney sleuth cat
- The Cat from Outer Space: Disney alien cat
- Aristocats: Disney classy catnapped cats
We hope both you and your cat have enjoyed their special day. But isn’t every day a special day for cats? Don’t forget to take a selfie of your festivities with your cat and post #happymewyear – and at #playtimeandparty so we can see!
Like this? See all of our January daily holiday ideas.
Put more play in your day – and Good Times Glue in your relationships – with our daily holiday celebrations in January. Don’t wait for the big days to celebrate! Create happy memories every day. We help with easy suggestions, quizzes to challenge your crew, movie list, themed food – pick and choose what fits your day.
Want more? See daily holiday ideas in advance and be a Merrymaker.
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine and
- prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables
- be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas
- get all the freebies, hear about contests and see last week’s articles so you don’t miss a thing.