This recipe is called Jug Sliders because it is created by Carlo Rossi – the legendary wine maker who sells his wine in jugs.
These sliders are packed with bold flavor, perfect for entertaining.
The secret is in the mushrooms, sautéed in butter, scallions, shallots and, of course, merlot.
Toss the bite-sized burgers on the grill & while they cook sauté the mushrooms.
Put burgers on mini buns and top with the mushroom sauce. Set on a platter and watch everyone dig in.
Jug Sliders Recipe
- 1 lb ground chuck
- salt u0026 pepper to taste
- 1 pkg slider buns
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 lg scallions, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 c Carlo Rossi Merlot
- leaf lettuce
- Shape about 3 tablespoons of ground chuck into a 1-inch-thick patty, making an indentation in the middle with your thumb. Repeat with rest of beef. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat the grill to 500 °F – about 15 minutes – for perfect searing temperature.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add mushrooms, scallions and shallot. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; add merlot and simmer.
- Salt u0026 pepper patties to taste. Grill burgers to preferred degree of temperature using an instant-read thermometer. (165°F is recommended.)
- If you grill the bun, it will help keep the burger juices from making the bread soggy.
- Place each burger on a slider bun with lettuce and top with mushroom mixture.
Photos and recipe compliments of Carlo Rossi
Like this? See our other burger recipes.
Want more? See our new recipes, party ideas & daily holiday celebrations.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing