This is the best hot chocolate recipe ever. If you need a special chocolate indulgence, this is it – a French Silk Hot Chocolate.
This is a secret recipe a I got from my mother-in-law. Sssshh! We’ll keep it just between us.
Julianna’s French Silk Hot Chocolate
This is a recipe I got from my mother-in-law. Soooo thick and rich!
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped into pieces
- ½ c cold water
- ¾ c sugar
- dash salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 c chocolate milk
- 2 c whipping cream
Combine chocolate and water in a small pan, cook over direct heat 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and beat with mixer until smooth. Add sugar and salt.
Return to heat and cook 4 minutes.
In a large pan heat milk, stirring constantly, until bubbles appear around the edges. Remove from heat and stir in extract.
Whisk chocolate mixture into milk. Stir in whipping cream. Serve immediately.
Chocolate paste will keep for several weeks refrigerated.
See our new hot chocolate recipes & even more.
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing