Chocolate Macaroon Day celebrates the nostalgia of this special comfort food. Every family has a different macaroon recipe – many are no-bake. Try one, try them all on June 3rd.
The Cookie Like a Candy Bar
Chocolate macaroons are light and sweet with different heavenly textures. They are more of a confection than a cookie. They taste great warm straight from the oven, room temperature or even cold from the refrigerator.
They are the perfect dessert to make if you want something sweet but don’t have any flour in the house.
There are several varieties of Chocolate macaroons, some are even no-bake.
- most use coconut flakes
- some use oatmeal (my mother made these & we called them cow plops but they’re also called haystacks)
- some use oatmeal & coconut (called frogs)
- some use fried chow mein noodles for the crunchiness
See the basic Chocolate Macaroon recipe & tips to make it your signature cookie with a special touch.
To celebrate chocolate macaroon day we also have an extra special recipe . . .
The sweet coconut macaroon cookie with the bonus milk chocolate Hershey kiss on top makes this the best blossom cookie recipe ever.
It’s still a chocolate macaroon cookie if the chocolate’s on top, right?!
Want more June 3 daily holidays?
Want to see all of our daily holidays in advance so you can prepare for your celebrations?
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing