Of course the best way to celebrate National Applesauce Spice Cake Day is to bake one! So we have an amazing recipe for you.
The applesauce makes a moist, rich cake. This recipe is flexible, you can add whatever you have on hand. It’s also fast & easy – all made in one bowl.
A rich history for a rich, moist cake.
Applesauce Spice Cake has been a favorite since Colonial times. It has appeared in American cookbooks since 1900, but it was promoted to a patriotic dessert during World War I because everyone had homemade applesauce and it was a cake that could be served plain or made special with some extras you may have on hand.
Celebrate National Applesauce Spice Cake Day your way:
- plain cake dusted with powdered icing sugar
- plain cake served warm with vanilla ice cream
- plain cake with dollop of real whipped cream
- cake with crumble topping
- cake with browned butter icing
- serve plain or add walnuts, pecans, and/or raisins
Here’s the recipe:
See our recipe for the moistest Applesauce Spice Cake – and your choice of crumble topping or browned butter icing.
Want more? See the other June 6th daily holidays.
Want to see our daily holiday ideas in advance?
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing