If you love knitting, let the world know on June 9th. Join other knitters outdoors for World Wide Knit in Public Day.
World Wide Knit in Public Day Brings People Together
Knitting is a solitary pursuit, so in 2005 Danielle Landes decided it was time for all knitters to come together for one day a year. People discovered that their neighbors had the same passion for the first time!
The first year, there were 25 events around the world. By 2009, 751 events in Australia, Canada, China, England, Finland, France, Ireland, Norway, South Africa, Sweden, United States and other countries.
By all accounts, they expect this year to be the largest knitting event ever.
Want to join World Wide Knit in Public Day?
Find a KIP group near you by clicking the link:
- North America (from Cap Horn to Canada’s Northern Territories)
- Africa & Mediterranean
- Australia & Pacific Rim
- Arctic Circle
You might enjoy it so much that you’ll want to knit in the park every weekend!
Want more? See the other June 9 daily holidays.
Know the daily holidays in advance so you can prepare your celebrations.
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing