Do you need to relax & unwind? Want to reconnect with your favorite people? There’s nothing like a Bloody Mary to help you kick back. Here’s the classic recipe with a tip to add a little fire if desired.
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces vodka (2 Tbsp)
- 6 ounces tomato juice (3/4 c)
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper (black or white)
- lemon or lime wedge
- celery salt
- green olives
- celery stalk
- pickled green bean (optional)
Rim the Glass
- Pour some celery salt or our rimming salt recipe in a saucer.
- Press the fleshy side of a lemon wedge onto a pint glass and rub around the whole circle to wet the glass. (Or, you can dip it in a saucer of water or lemon juice.)
- Turn glass upside down into celery salt. Ensure whole rim is coated. Set aside for 1 minute.
Make the Cocktail
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake gently until blended.
- Strain carefully into prepared glass so no celery salt is removed.
- Add a few ice cubes (Make sure the level isn't too high. Don't want it to overflow when celery stick & garnishes added.)
- Add celery stick and other garnishes on a skewer.
Want to make it a signature drink? Try one these ideas:
- Add 1 pinch smoked paprika
- Try different kinds of vodka
- Substitute vegetable juice for tomato juice
- Substitute Siracha sauce for Tobasco sauce
- Try different amounts of Worcestershire or Tabasco sauce
Want more? See our other Bloody Mary recipes.
Like this? Make it a Bloody Mary movie night.
4 movies from different genres featuring someone drinking a Bloody Mary – with the matching cocktail recipe. Bon appétit.
Want more? 3 ways to host a Bloody Mary party.
3 ways to serve a Bloody Mary to your friends (with tips & recipes):
- Signature Bloody Mary Brunch Cocktail: the sky-high garnishes are the brunch.
- Build-Your-Own Bloody Mary bar with appetizers.
- Bloody Mary Brunch Buffet.
Want more? See new Bloody Mary recipes & party ideas in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
- prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables
- be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas
- get all the freebies, hear about contests and see last week’s articles so you don’t miss a thing.