If you prefer your banana bread light and fluffy, this is for you. Classic recipe with chocolate chips or walnuts. You can add banana slices on top to look gourmet, or frost it with Nutella or chocolate icing. Wow the crowd with our best Banana Bread recipe.
- 1/3 c butter at room temperature
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c mashed banana (2 large bananas)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c milk chocolate chips (1/2 pkg) or walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Mash bananas by hand with a fork. (If mashed in a glass measuring cup, you'll know how much you have by volume.)
- Beat butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in banana
- Stir in egg and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips (or walnut pieces), scraping bottom of bowl to combine evenly.
- Put batter in prepared pan. Level top. Thinly slice long, flat strips of banana. Plan how you want them to appear, then lay them across the top of the batter. (Curved toward the middle is the usual way.)
- Bake for an hour or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. (If you use a knife or fork to test, the centre may deflate a little.)
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
If your banana bread loaf deflates in the middle, you can spread Nutella or chocolate frosting on the top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See all of our banana bread recipes.
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.