This Snowball Sundae is so good it will melt any heart! Perfect to put more play in a winter’s day or for a snow themed party. Must be served with hot chocolate. . .
Snowball Sundaes are a special end to a fun winter outing.
Prepare the “snowballs” ahead of time. Put them and serving plates in the freezer while you’re cross country skiing, ice skating, making a snowman or shooting hockey pucks in a net in the driveway.
Serve a snowball sundae with hot chocolate to add a sweet ending to a great outing. (Can make hot chocolate in the slow cooker before you leave so everything is ready to go.)
Got one of these Snowball Makers? It’s so much easier to make perfectly shaped snowball sundaes when you use a snowball maker to shape the angel food cake around the ice cream. (You will need a helper manning the handles while you put the cake & ice cream in the maker.)
- 2 cups Breyers Cookies & Creme ice cream
- 8 slices (1-1/2 inches thick) store-bought angel food cake
- 1/4 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme, melted*
- chocolate sprinkles
- Freeze plate 30 minutes. Make 4 (1/2-cup) scoops ice cream and arrange on chilled plate.
- Place 1 ice cream ball on 1 cake slice, then top with second cake slice. Shape cake around ice cream to encase it, using your hands to completely cover ice cream. Return to freezer until ready to serve. Repeat with remaining ice cream and cake.
- Melt marshmallow creme in 10 second intervals in microwave until pourable.
- To serve, arrange snow balls in 4 dessert bowls. Top with hot fudge topping, then marshmallow creme and sprinkles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 574mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 8g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Breyers
Want more? Here’s all of our ice cream dessert recipes.
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.