Sweet, light and airy, these mini icebox cakes pack a refreshing burst of creamy flavor, perfect for the summer. Vanilla wafer cookies are stacked in a flavor-filled mixture of fruit and whipped cream and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) vanilla wafer cookies
- Blueberries, raspberries or blackberries, for garnish
- Line muffin pan with plastic wrap, pressing plastic into each cavity and letting plastic hang over edge of pan.
- In large skillet, combine mixed berries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering until berries soften and liquid reduces to 1 cup, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Gently mash berries with wooden spoon. Transfer to medium bowl and cool completely.
- In large bowl, whip cream on medium-high speed until cream holds stiff peaks, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in berry mixture and zest until completely combined.
- Place whipped cream in decorating bag and cut off pointed end. To assemble, pipe small amount of whipped cream mixture into each muffin cavity. Lightly press a cookie into whipped cream. Continue layering whipped cream and cookies until cavities are full, finishing with whipped cream layer.
- You should have 3 layers of cookies.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator. Remove plastic wrap from top and carefully flip out onto serving platter. Remove wrap from mini cakes. Garnish with additional berries, if desired. Serve immediately.
Do you love this recipe?
Get our updates delivered directly to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing.
Do you know someone who would like to try this recipe?