Rustic, moistest banana bread. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream for a sweet finish to the day.
This recipe is by Justin Schuble from dcfoodporn.
- ¾ c Bertolli Olive Oil, plus additional for coating pan
- 3 ripe medium bananas, divided
- ½ c applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ c flour
- 1 c sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- ¼ c Nutella spread
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Coat 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
- In mixing bowl, mash 2 bananas. Add applesauce, egg, egg white and vanilla to bananas and whisk.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix. Add olive oil slowly and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Heat nut spread in microwave until it reaches pourable consistency. Swirl spread into top of batter. Thinly slice long, flat strips of banana. Add slices to top of batter for decoration.
- Place loaf pan in oven and bake 1 hour. Remove bread and cool before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See all of our banana bread recipes.
Want more? See all of our bread, roll, muffin, scone and biscuit recipes.
See our favorite bread recipes, including rolls, muffins, scones & biscuits.
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.