This is the classic tuna casserole baked in almost every home. Crumb topping adds extra comfort to this comfort food.
Classic tuna casserole recipe with crumb topping.
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c milk
- 2 c frozen peas
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 2 c curly egg noodles, cooked (Pennsylvania Dutch style)
- 4 Tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
Heat oven to 400° F.
In bowl, stir soup and milk until smooth.
In 3-quart casserole dish, combine peas, tuna and noodles with soup mixture.
Bake 30 minutes, or until warm and bubbling; remove from oven and stir.
In bowl, mix breadcrumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over tuna mixture.
Bake 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
Substitution: Use any frozen vegetable in place of frozen peas.
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See our other casserole recipes.
Want even more? See our new recipes and so much more.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing