A mummy watermelon carving is a unique halloween party decoration. It’s so easy to do with this step by step tutorial. (And you can eat watermelon while you carve!)
- To make cutting and slicing easier, the watermelon should be at room temperate when carving.
- Cut a small, thin, flat piece from the bottom of the watermelon to provide a stable base for carving.
- Draw the design on the watermelon rind with a dry-erase marker before cutting. If you make a mistake, this can make it easier to wipe off.
- Use a sharp knife with a pointed tip for easier, cleaner cuts. Consider a paring knife with a smaller tip for ease of detail.
- Blend scraps of watermelon that are too messy for dicing or slicing to create an easy juice.
Want to see more Halloween watermelon carvings?
See all 4 of our Halloween watermelon carving tutorials.
Tell us what you think.
Did you make a mummy watermelon carving?
Did you find this tutorial easy?
Have any tips to share?
Upload a photo of your mummy with your comment so we can see it!