A mummy watermelon carving is a unique halloween party decoration. It’s so easy to do with this step by step tutorial. (And you can eat watermelon while you carve!)
- To make cutting and slicing easier, the watermelon should be at room temperate when carving.
- Cut a small, thin, flat piece from the bottom of the watermelon to provide a stable base for carving.
- Draw the design on the watermelon rind with a dry-erase marker before cutting. If you make a mistake, this can make it easier to wipe off.
- Use a sharp knife with a pointed tip for easier, cleaner cuts. Consider a paring knife with a smaller tip for ease of detail.
- Blend scraps of watermelon that are too messy for dicing or slicing to create an easy juice.
Photos and instructions by National Watermelon Promotion Board. To get more carving ideas and instructions, visit www.watermelon.org.
Want to see more Halloween watermelon carvings?
See all 4 of our Halloween watermelon carving tutorials.
Tell us what you think.
Did you make a mummy watermelon carving?
Did you find this tutorial easy?
Have any tips to share?
Upload a photo of your mummy with your comment so we can see it!