You can never get enough of these chocolate pancakes! They are perfect for breakfast on Christmas Day or any day you want to make extra special. Want more chocolate? Add a peppermint chocolate drizzle!
These chocolate pancakes are so easy to make because they use pancake mix as the base. Pancake mix is scientifically measured to turn out perfectly every time, and it saves time cooking. It’s win/win!
Want the recipe for the peppermint chocolate sauce? It’s right below the chocolate pancakes recipe. You’re welcome!
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (more for darker pancakes)
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c Aunt Jemima Original Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¼ c water
- peppermint chocolate sauce
- marshmallow spread (optional)
- crushed candy canes (optional)
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat or electric griddle to 375 F.
- In microwave-safe bowl, mix cocoa powder, sugar, milk and vanilla until well combined. Heat in microwave 30 seconds, or until warm. Stir again to ensure mixture is combined.
- Combine cocoa mixture, pancake mix and water. Stir until large lumps disappear (do not beat or overmix). If batter is too thick, add additional 1-2 tablespoons water.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto lightly greased skillet or griddle. Cook 90 seconds, or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook additional 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with marshmallow spread and drizzle with mint chocolate. Sprinkle crushed candy canes, if desired.
Peppermint Chocolate Sauce
- ½ c mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp mint chips
- 1 tsp Aunt Jemima Syrup
- Melt chocolate chips and peppermint chips in microwave for 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Add Aunt Jemima Syrup and stir until desired drizzling consistency.
Recipe courtesy of Aunt Jemima via Family Features. (No, we were not compensated.)
Make it a signature pancake recipe with your choice of toppings.
Make this recipe your own by adding toppings. Here are a few examples.
German Chocolate Pancakes
Stack of pancakes with pecans, coconut and chocolate are like German Chocolate Cake for breakfast!
Fruity S’mores Pancakes
These chocolate pancakes go way beyond regular s’mores pancakes! Use fruity marshmallows with all those colors and put a smile on your loved one’s face. (Sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs & drizzle chocolate too.)
Want more pancake recipes?
Want more? See our exciting breakfast recipes for kids & adults.
Exciting breakfast recipe ideas for days when you want to have a leisurely brunch and reconnect with family and friends, for a traditional “start the weekend” extravaganza, for a quick-out-the-door morning and recipes especially for adults or kids.
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want more, more often? Get our new pancake recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.