Looking for old fashioned pancakes just like grandma used to make? Here is our pancakes from scratch recipe.
Old Fashioned Pancakes Recipe
- 1 c flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 c berries
- ½ c nut pieces
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a hole in the center of the mound.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Beat until smooth – no lumps
- If making fruit or nut pancakes, add them now. (You want batter to be a little thinner when making fruit pancakes so they will cook in the center without burning the fruit.)
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot griddle. When batter appears to “bubble”, flip it over and brown the other side.
Want more? See all of our pancake recipes.
Want more? See our exciting breakfast recipes for kids & adults.
Exciting breakfast recipe ideas for days when you want to have a leisurely brunch and reconnect with family and friends, for a traditional “start the weekend” extravaganza, for a quick-out-the-door morning and recipes especially for adults or kids.
Want more, more often? See our new breakfast recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.