Love the chocolate orange that you crack and the wedges fall apart? We created an Orange Hot Chocolate recipe to have with our Christmas oranges.
Of course you want to top your orange hot chocolate with a wedge of Terry’s Chocolate Orange.
If it’s not the time of year that you can find them in the stores, they’re almost always available on Amazon.
In fact, Amazon has the minis, which are orange chocolate wedges in a bag. (But then you don’t get the satisfaction of cracking the orange!)
Orange Hot Chocolate
- 1 c whole milk
- ¼ c cream
- 2 oz Terry’s chocolate orange (more for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 large orange
- whipped cream and garnishes
Use a vegetable peeler on the orange peel to make orange zest. (Bigger pieces are easier to remove later. But while you’re at it, why not grate a bit to use as a garnish.)
In a large saucepan, bring milk, cream and orange zest to a simmer over medium heat. (It should steam but not boil.) Turn off heat and cover. Let it sit for 30 minutes. (Or longer if you prefer more orange flavor.)
Remove orange zest with a slotted spoon. Break chocolate into pieces and add it and sugar to the milk. Whisk on medium-low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate and sugar are melted & smooth.
If you like it frothy, blend it in the blender. (Remember that when blending a hot liquid you should only fill blender half full or less, so don’t use the individual sized blender container.)
Serve in a large mug. Garnish with whipped cream, a wedge or two of Terry’s Orange Chocolate and some orange zest, if your grated some.
If you’re in a hurry to make your orange hot chocolate, instead of using orange peel you can add 1/2 tsp of orange extract to the other ingredients. (Taste, and add more if you prefer.)
Want more? See all of our hot chocolate recipes.
Want even more? See our new hot chocolate recipes & more.
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing