Mom’s on schedule but the rest of the crew isn’t?
Make sure they still have breakfast with this Pancake Breakfast Sandwich recipe.
This recipe has a whole breakfast right in your hand for breakfast on the go!
Pancake Breakfast Sandwich
- no stick spray
- ¾ c Hungry Jack Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ⅓ c water
- ¼ c Hungry Jack Original Syrup
- ½ c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 3-inch round sausage patties
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ c diced red pepper
- 4 eggs
- ⅛ tsp salt
- For pancakes: Coat griddle or skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle or skillet on medium heat (350°F).
- Whisk pancake mix, water and syrup in medium bowl. Stir in cheese, potatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook sausage patties as directed on package.
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter on griddle, spreading batter to make a 3-inch circle or by using 3-inch pancake molds, coated with no-stick cooking spray. Repeat to make 7 more pancakes. Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn. Cook second side 2 minutes.
- For eggs: Melt butter in large skillet. Add red pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute. Whisk eggs and salt in small bowl. Pour into skillet with peppers. Cook slightly, then shape into four 3-inch circles about the same size as the pancakes and sausage.
- Assemble: Place one pancake on plate. Top with cooked sausage patty, egg and another pancake to make breakfast sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
Recipe from Hungry Jack via Family Features. (We were not compensated for this recipe.)
Want more? See all of our pancake recipes.
Want more? See our exciting breakfast recipes for kids & adults.
Exciting breakfast recipe ideas for days when you want to have a leisurely brunch and reconnect with family and friends, for a traditional “start the weekend” extravaganza, for a quick-out-the-door morning and recipes especially for adults or kids.
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want more, more often? See our new breakfast recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.