Time to get everyone together to reconnect. What better way than with a Bloody Mary Brunch? Here are 3 different ways to host your Bloody Mary brunch.
1. The Bloody Mary Brunch Cocktail
If you don’t want to do the whole brunch buffet, you can serve a signature Bloody Mary with the brunch as a garnish.
The Brunch Cocktail goes beyond the regular Bloody Mary to include sky-high garnishes that are the brunch.
- sandwich triangles: grilled cheese, philly cheese steak, etc.
- mini pizza slice
- fried chicken, buffalo chicken wing or chicken nuggets
- shrimp or crab claw
- dim sum
- deviled egg
- one BBQ rib
- Tater Tots
- almost any appetizer
If it can be put on a skewer without falling off or flopping down, it can be a garnish! (And if it doesn’t fit, find a smaller size.)
2. Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar
Choose a couple of Bloody Mary recipes based on your guest’s preferences:
- must have the classic recipe as one
- hot & spicy recipe
- watermelon Bloody Mary as an interesting alternative, especially in summer
Garnishes to have available:
- Long skewers for garnishes standing in glass (bamboo grilling skewers are perfect)
- Short skewers for garnishes across the glass
- Bucket of ice cubes
- Salt (plain or flavored)
- Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon
- Celery stalks (with and without leaves)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- Lemon wedges or slices
- Lime wedges
- Stuffed olives
- Caper berries
- Pickled green beans
- Pickle spears
- Pickled jalapenos
- Pickled okra
- Pickled asparagus
- Pickled onions
- Cheese cubes
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- prosciutto & pepperoni slices
- saucer with Bloody Mary Rimming Salt
Serve bite-sized breakfast appetizers so guests can try a little bit of everything.
3. Brunch Buffet with a Signature Bloody Mary Cocktail.
If you’re having a sit-down meal with plated food, you can serve any of your favorite breakfast dishes with a signature Bloody Mary. It’s your favorite cocktail recipe, or the classic recipe with garnishes that reflect you.
A great alternative is to have a Bloody Mary Bar at one end of the room and a Brunch Buffet at the other end. (This way guests can help themselves to a drink without waiting in a huge food line.) Leave lots of space around the drink table because this is where people gather for conversation too.
See our breakfast & brunch recipes for some great ideas.
Take a few seconds to review these buffet food safety tips to prevent foodborne illness. (That would definitely ruin your epic party.)
Bloody Mary Recipes
Like this? Try a Bloody Mary movie night.
4 movies from different genres featuring someone drinking a Bloody Mary – with the matching cocktail recipe. Bon appétit.
Want more? See new Bloody Mary recipes & party ideas in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
- prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables
- be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas
- get all the freebies, hear about contests and see last week’s articles so you don’t miss a thing.