Awesome little peanut butter cookies with a chocolate spider for a Halloween treat. Couldn’t get any better than that!
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 Maltesers or chocolate balls
- 48 Wiltons mini eyeballs
- 1 tube chocolate icing
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream sugars, shortening, egg and peanut butter until fluffy. (Will become a lighter color.)
- Blend flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl or sifter. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- Scoop and roll into a small ball, then roll in sugar or sprinkles and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (The cookie will double in size while baking, so make ball around 1". You need enough cookie to draw the legs & long legs are better than short.)
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges barely browning. (If you cook them too long, they will be hard.)
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press a chocolate malt ball into the center of each cookie. DO NOT press them right to the bottom, just enough for them to stay. Cookies will crack around the edges, that's fine.
- Let them set for a minute. Then lift onto rack to cool completely. (When lifting, make sure you have the cookie spatula under whole cookie. These are top heavy and will tumble off head-first if the spatula isn't firmly underneath.)
- After the are completely cooled, pipe spider legs on cookies – 4 on each side. Attach mini eyeballs by piping chocolate icing on back like glue.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See all of our halloween recipes.
Halloween recipes to wow the crowd of any age. Halloween snacks to spook and delight. Recipes for a halloween buffet, themed parties for adult and children, and even a Halloween dinner. Something for everyone!
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Like this? See our new Halloween recipes & celebration ideas in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Are you the creative one who comes up with all the fun ideas? You’re a Merrymaker! Let us help you put more play in your every day and add some Good Times Glue to your relationships for a close-knit family or crew of friends.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and get:
- upcoming daily holiday celebration ideas so you can prepare in advance with our tips & printables
- inspirational ideas to celebrate upcoming calendar holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and tips
- seasonal & party recipes