Is there any better way to enjoy peanut butter and jelly than in a cookie? You’ve gotta try these peanut butter & jelly thumbprint cookies!
My mother-in-law made these every Christmas – rolled in very fine nuts. They were addictive!
The blend of peanut butter & jam in a bite-size tender cookie is absolutely amazing.
Perfect choice for a holiday cookie tray because it adds something a little different, something special.
But also great for every day. . .
- 1/2 c sugar + 1/4 c for decorating, if using
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- gourmet jam or jelly
- ½ c finely chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream sugars, shortening, egg and peanut butter until fluffy. (Will become a lighter color.)
- Blend flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl or sifter. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- Scoop dough and roll into ¾" smooth ball, then roll in sugar or nuts (optional) and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (Dough will double in size while cooking, so keep small.)
- Press center of each ball with your thumb to leave an indentation. (This is not a hole in the center. It is a little crater to hold the jam, with a rim all around the edge.)
- Spoon a small amount of jam, jelly or fruit preserves in the indentation. Keep it level with the rim of the cookie you created.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set with the edges barely browning.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then lift onto rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Want more? See all our peanut butter recipes.
Peanut butter recipe collection that only peanut butter lovers can truly appreciate! There’s all different types of peanut butter cookies. There’s awesome peanut butter desserts. And there’s peanut butter sauces for dinner, specialty peanut butter sandwiches and more.
Want even more? See our new peanut butter recipes in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.