If you love Snickerdoodles you’ll love this peanut butter pie with a cinnamon cookie crust & chocolate layer – a Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Pie.
What is a Snickerdoodle?
A snickerdoodle is a cinnamon cookie. It is in the sugar cookie family, based on a Pâté Sucrée recipe (French sweet pastry).
McCormick takes it a step further with this ingenius Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter Pie featuring a Snickerdoodle cinnamon cookie crust.
- 1½ c lightly salted roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp McCormick Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 3 Tbsp chocolate milk
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ c creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ c heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In medium bowl, mix peanuts, sugar, butter and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Remove 1/4 cup and spread on small baking sheet. Divide remaining peanut mixture among four (4-inch) tart pans with removable bottoms. Press firmly onto bottom and sides of each pan.
- Bake tart crusts and peanut mixture together 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate milk on high 45 seconds. Add chocolate; stir until completely melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In large bowl, using electric mixer on medium speed, beat peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon until smooth. Add heavy cream; beat until soft peaks form. Spread in prepared tart crusts.
- Spread chocolate mixture over top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Cut each tart in half. Sprinkle with toasted peanut crumble.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 12g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of McCormick
Want more? See all our peanut butter recipes.
Peanut butter recipe collection that only peanut butter lovers can truly appreciate! There’s all different types of peanut butter cookies. There’s awesome peanut butter desserts. And there’s peanut butter sauces for dinner, specialty peanut butter sandwiches and more.
Want even more? See our new peanut butter recipes in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.