Peppermint Shortbread cookies are perfect for thanking carolers, treating guests or to cap off the night with hot chocolate- and they’re Santa’s favorite cookie.
These Peppermint Shortbread Cookies make a wonderful holiday treat.
But they’re also particularly great after Christmas when you’ve taken all those candy canes off the Christmas tree.
Just put them in a resealable plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin.
Peppermint candy canes are an awful thing to waste!
- 1 c unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2⅓ c flour
- ¾ c peppermint crunch baking chips or candy cane pieces
- In stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Gradually add flour and mix on low until combined. Add baking chips and continue mixing on low until fully combined.
- On wax paper or parchment paper, form dough into 12-14-inch log and freeze at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cut shortbread dough into 1/4-inch slices; bake 13-15 minutes on parchment-lined baking sheets.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Gurk of Rachel Cooks for Milk Means More
Want more? See all of our Christmas goodies recipes.
‘Tis the season for baking wonderful, scrumptious goodies! See our Christmas goodies recipe collection for Christmas cakes, cupcakes, cookies and other wonderful treats. Step by step instructions make it easy to create your favorites or try something new.
Put the magic in Christmas with our new holiday ideas & Christmas recipes.
Signup for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine and be inspired.
- Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables.
- Be inspired by ideas to celebrate Christmas (and other upcoming seasonal holidays) with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas for your family or crew of friends.