This quick and easy Portobello Pizza recipe is courtesy of Atkins.
This recipe is in keeping with their keto style diet which focuses on high-fiber carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats.
They help you reduce levels of refined carbohydrates, added sugars and the “hidden sugar effect” – when carbohydrates convert to sugar when digested. You don’t see the sugar, but your body does.
Portobello mushroom pizza with chorizo or pepperoni
- olive oil spray
- 4 lg portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- ½ d marinara sauce
- ½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 pepperoni slices (or 1 chorizo link, thinly sliced)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat with olive oil spray.
Using spoon, scrape out dark gills from mushrooms; discard gills.
Place mushrooms stem-side up and top each with 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and four slices pepperoni or chorizo.
Bake 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and mushrooms are soft.
Want to make it an appetizer party? Here are our tips for success.
- An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget.
- It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance.
- It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See all of our appetizer recipes.
Want even more? See our new appetizer recipes – and more.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing