This Pot Roast Tacos recipe is a fantastic way to use leftovers. Fresh Chimichurri recipe makes it taste awesome. And created by sports nutritionist Joel Marion, it is healthy and a weight-loss recipe.
Joel Marion’s simple, highly effective weight loss program allows readers to enjoy social dinners without restriction, satisfy nighttime hunger with fat-burning sweet and salty pre-bedtime snacks and indulge cravings with strategically timed cheat meals.
Joel Marion, CISSN, NSCA-CPT is a 6-time bestselling diet book & healthy recipes cookbook author who has been featured all over the media throughout his 18-year career, including in the pages of more than 20 popular national newsstand magazines such as Men’s Fitness, Woman’s Day, Oxygen, Clean Eating, MuscleMag International, and Muscle & Fitness Hers.
Joel is also the Co-Founder of BioTrust Nutrition, one of the fastest growing and largest eCommerce supplement companies in the United States, and the host of the top-ranked podcast, Born to Impact.
How to warm tortillas:
- Wrap corn tortillas in foil, place flour tortillas on a plate
- Place in 350°F oven for up to 10 minutes, until warm
- Wrap corn tortillas in slightly damp tea towel. Put them in a large plastic zippered bag but don’t seal. Microwave at 50% for 4 minutes.
- Place flour tortillas on a plate and microwave at 50% at 1 minute spurts until warmed.
- If you use a tortilla warmer in the microwave, it will keep them warm for up to 1 hour, so you can put them out on the table or the Taco Bar if you’re having a party and people can help themselves to more.
Pot Roast Tacos with Fresh ChimichurriCourse: Beef Recipes, Joel Marion Recipes, Mexican Recipes
1½ c fresh Italian parsley
1 c fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
¼ c olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper
3 c chuck roast, slow cooked and chopped
8 yellow corn tortillas (6 inches)
1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
4 radishes, sliced
¼ c queso fresco, crumbled
- To make chimichurri: In food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, onion and garlic until chopped. Add olive oil, lemon juice, water, salt and red pepper; process until fully combined.
- To assemble tacos: In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook chopped chuck roast 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in 1/2 cup chimichurri. In grill pan, char tortillas then fill evenly with meat, avocado, radishes and queso fresco. Serve with remaining chimichurri.
- We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.