This chowder is a comfort food that warms the body and the soul. (And it’s oh-so-easy to make.)
In this Potato, Bacon and Corn Chowder, potato flakes bring the flavor and act as a thickener. Sunny yellow corn and crispy bacon really brighten up the taste, and evaporated milk makes it extra creamy.
Make a big batch so there’s some for supper and plenty left over to take to work or school for a good, hot lunch.
Potato, Bacon and Corn Chowder
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 12 oz cans Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 c instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 15 oz can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Combine broth and evaporated milk in large saucepan.
- Bring mixture just to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Add potato flakes, corn, bacon, onion powder and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes until creamy and slightly thick.