Printable files come in PDF format and can be easily opened, viewed and printed using FREE Adobe Reader Software. (If you don’t already have this on your computer you can download it here.)
You can print items at home on your personal printer, but many prefer to save ink and produce a better looking product by using a professional printer. (Due to ink costs & wasted cardstock in errors it can be cheaper to use a printing company. Check prices online.)
How to Print Printables at Home
Use Premium grade 8.5″ x 11″ photo paper in your choice of matte or soft gloss finish. If you use cardstock for a home printer it varies in grade between manufacturers, and in the quality of the finished product. There can even be a difference in coloring between batches from the same manufacturer.
- Right click on the page or click on the File button at the top of the page and select “Print”. A popup will appear with several choices.
- Select the printer that you will be using and number of pages you wish to print. (It’s always a good idea to print one page as a test first.)
- Select the page number of the PDF that you wish to print – you will see the example in the image box on your screen. (Don’t select “all” unless you want to print the informational pages too.)
- Page sizing should be set at 8.5 x 11 and make it borderless. (Depending on your printer you would choose “actual size”, “full bleed” “borderless” or set page scaling at “none”.)
- Print settings should be 100%, best color quality or best photo quality, again depending on the selections offered by your particular printer.
- Make sure you know which way to put the paper in to have the printing on the side that you want – especially for stickers. (You may want to do a test first: make a new document in Microsoft Word; type TEST and then print it on a piece of paper. Is the printed text facing up or facing down on your printer? This will tell you which way to put the sticker page or photo paper in.)
- Insert the sticker page or photo paper required in your printer.
- Click “print”.
Printing at Professional Printers
Recommended paper for most projects is A4 white cardstock in your choice of matte or soft gloss finish.
- Insert a USB flash drive in your computer. (A blank one is best since you’ll be giving it to the printing company.)
- Select “File” on toolbar at top left corner.
- Highlight “Save As”.
- Click on “PDF”.
- Under “computer” select the correct Device with Removable Storage for your USB stick.
- Click “save”.
- Take USB to your choice of printers. Tell them how many of which pages you wish to print. Make sure they know you want it on cardstock, tell them whether you want glossy or matte finish – and make sure to ask for it to be on 8 1/2″ by 11″ paper.
If you have further questions or comments about printing our printables, please contact us.