If you haven’t used puff pastry before, here is an overview to show you how to create the bottom crust:
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded havarti cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it’s easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400°F. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 (about 5-inch) squares. Place the pastry squares on a baking sheet. Prick the pastry squares with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastries are golden. Using a metal spatula, press down the centers of the hot pastries to make an indentation.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then crumble.
- Sprinkle cheese in the center of each pastry.
- Carefully crack 1 egg onto the center of each pastry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the bacon, then return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the eggs are softly set.
This puff pastry breakfast starts the weekend off right. It looks like you strained over the oven for hours but is easy, warm and yummy. You’ll get lots of kudos!