Time is short in autumn’s hustle and bustle. When you’re craving comfort food, this easy Potato, Turkey and Veggie Casserole gets on the table quickly.
This is a great turkey leftover recipe for the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas. Chopped turkey (about 1 1/2 cups) can be cooked 2-3 minutes in skillet in place of ground turkey.
Potato, Turkey & Veggie Casserole
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ lb ground turkey breast
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can READ German Potato Salad
- ½ c sour cream
- 2 c frozen, thawed or canned mixed vegetables, drained
- nonstick cooking spray
- ½ c bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add turkey, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and salt, if desired. Cook 5-7 minutes, until cooked through, stirring occasionally and breaking turkey into large crumbles.
- Stir in potato salad and sour cream. Add vegetables; stir to combine. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon in casserole mixture.
- Toss together bread crumbs and remaining oil. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
Recipe and photo courtesy Seneca Foods
Want even more? See our new turkey leftover recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.