Celebrate Oktoberfest with a quick family dinner or enjoy German Potato Salad Skillet recipe any day – there’s a quick 20 minute to the table version that makes dinner prep super easy.
This Quick Sausage and German Potato Salad Skillet is on the lunch or dinner table in 20 minutes thanks to pre-cooked sausages and a can of heat-and-eat German Potato Salad. Easy, breezy way to serve a hearty meal to your family.
Or, cook bavarian sausages and make the German Potato Salad from scratch and feel like the super mom!
Quick Sausage and German Potato Salad Skillet
- 2 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium red or yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 c chopped red bell pepper
- ¾ lb pre-cooked smoked chicken or turkey sausage links
- 1 can READ German Potato Salad
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- chopped parsley (optional)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add sausages; continue cooking 5 minutes until browned and heated through, turning occasionally. Remove sausages from skillet.
- Add potato salad and black pepper to skillet. Stir to combine with onion mixture. Return sausages to skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley, if desired.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Seneca Foods
Want more? See all of our Oktoberfest recipes & German dishes.
Whether it’s traditional German food or traditional Oktoberfest party fare, here are our Oktoberfest recipe ideas for a dinner, beer tasting or appetizer party.
Want more? How to have a beer tasting party.
Get your friends together and test their mad beer skills. Here’s everything you need to know for a beer tasting party from beer & food choices to glasses, how to grade the beers, and even decoration ideas.
Want even more? See our new Oktoberfest recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.