Pimento Red Pepper Bacon Cheeseburgers recipe was created by Chef Bobby Flay as a part of the Real Food Project. Real food, real good.
Have you visited one of Bobby Flay’s burger joints? Bobby’s Burger Palace restaurants are in 19 locations across 11 states.
Don’t live near one? Try this bacon cheeseburger recipe by Bobby Flay at home, shown below.
Really Good Pimento Red Pepper Bacon Cheeseburgers
- ⅓ c Hellmann’s® ⅓Real Mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ lb extra sharp white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- ¼ lb extra sharp yellow cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- ⅓ c drained and finely chopped roasted red peppers or piquillo
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 thick slices double smoked bacon, crisp-cooked
- Combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cayenne in large bowl with fork. Stir in cheese and roasted peppers. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shape ground beef into 4 patties. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Grill or pan fry burgers, turning once, 8 minutes or until desired doneness. During last 30 seconds of cooking, evenly top each burger with cheese mixture, then cook covered until cheese melts slightly. Arrange burgers on buns, then evenly top with bacon.
Want more recipes by Bobby Flay?
Want to see all of our burger recipes?
Want to see our new burger recipes, party ideas and daily holiday celebrations?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing