These Roasted Portobello Mushrooms with Beets and Goat Cheese are a fascinating appetizer for a party or an interesting side dish for dinner.
It takes only 30 minutes to make with 8 ingredients, but it is a taste sensation that is like nothing else.
Roasted Portobello Mushrooms with Beets and Goat Cheese
- 1 jar Aunt Nellie's Whole Pickled Beets
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ c fresh sourdough bread crumbs
- ¼ c sliced green onions
- ¼ c coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- ½ c crumbled goat cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Using a food processor, pulse a few pieces of sour dough or wheat bread several times until finely crumbled.
- Drain beets. Coarsely chop 1/2 cup beets.
- Trim stems flat and remove gills from mushroom caps using a spoon. Place caps, rounded side down, on foil-lined baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, combine chopped beets, bread crumbs, green onions and walnuts. Spoon mixture into caps and top with goat cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through and mushrooms are tender.
Recipe and photo courtesy Seneca Foods
Want more? See all of our mushroom recipes.
Love the umami flavor in mushrooms? You’ll love these mushroom recipes then! We even have blenditarian mushroom/ground meat recipes for you.
Want more? See all of our beet recipes.
Beets are healthy and add a wonderful flavor, texture and color to appetizer and side dish recipes.
Want more? See all of our side dish recipes.
Want some ideas to serve as side dishes to your roast, steak, pork chops or turkey? See our side dish recipes! Easy step by step instructions.
Want even more? See our new beet recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.