Hearty Italian soup with lots of vegetables. This rustic minestrone soup recipe will be a favorite. Impress your guests and warm their body & soul.
Rustic Minestone Soup
- 3 Tbsp Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini, sliced in 1/2-inch half moons
- 2 c tightly packed, thinly sliced Tuscan kale leaves
- 1 jar Bertolli Rustic Cut Three Cheese with Aged Asiago, Romano and Parmesan Sauce
- 1 carton vegetable broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- ⅓ c haved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
In 6-quart pot over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons oil. Add zucchini and kale; cook, stirring frequently, about 1-2 minutes, or until kale begins to wilt.
Reduce heat to medium; add sauce, broth and beans. Simmer 5-7 minutes, or until heated.
Top with shaved cheese before serving.
Substitute garbanzo beans, kidney beans, pinto beans or tri-bean blend for cannellini beans.
For heartier soup, add 3 cups (9 ounces) refrigerated tortellini pasta with broth and beans. Simmer soup 8-10 minutes more, or until pasta is cooked through. (If you cook pasta before adding to soup, it is less starchy.)
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Bertolli
Want more? See our other soup recipes.
Want to see our new soup recipes – and more?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing