These scrambled eggs and ham in a waffle cup are perfect for a breakfast buffet menu item and kids love them as a grab-and-go breakfast that they can eat as you drive them to school or an appointment.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Smithfield Honey Cured Boneless Ham Steak, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 waffle cups (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup, warm, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; stir in ham.
- In 10-inch, nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Using wooden spoon, scrape eggs from edges of pan to center. Continue stirring eggs 3-5 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Scoop 1/2 cup warm scrambled eggs into waffle cup and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Repeat for each waffle cup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1164Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 351mgSodium: 1697mgCarbohydrates: 149gFiber: 0gSugar: 72gProtein: 37g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photo courtesy Smithfield Foods
Like this? See all of our breakfast buffet recipes.
For a breakfast buffet guests prefer two-bite selections so they can sample several different breakfast foods. See our breakfast appetizer recipes with a variety of flavors so everyone will have something they adore in every food group.
Want more? Have a Bloody Mary brunch.
3 ways to have a bloody mary brunch:
- with sky-high garnishes that are the brunch, such as sliders or grilled cheese triangles
- signature bloody mary with brunch buffet
- build-your-own Bloody Mary bar with breakfast appetizers.
Want even more? Have a Sangria Sunday Brunch & Punch.
It’s Sangria Sunday! Connect with friends by hosting a Sangria Brunch. We have a Summer Sangria Punch recipe and tips to make it easy breezy fun.
Like this? See our new breakfast & brunch recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.