Try this sweet treat with vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce. Skillet Apple Pie with Caramel Sauce, a warm autumn dessert.
A twist on the classic apple pie, this Skillet apple pie with caramel sauce is easy to make and warms your heart and belly.
Skillet Apple Pie with Caramel Sauce
- 4 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¼ c sugar
- 1½ Tbsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp butter
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 tsp whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, combine apples, sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and lemon juice until apples are covered. Set aside.
- In oven-safe, 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and remaining cinnamon; mix until combined. Boil 5-8 minutes.
- In same skillet, place one pie crust over brown sugar mixture. Pour apples over pie crust. Cover apples with second pie crust. Cut slits in top to release steam. Brush whipping cream over crust. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Recipe and video courtesy Culinary.net
Want more? See all of our apple pie recipes.
Want even more? See our new pie recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.