Sweet, ooey-gooey goodness! This slow cooker pumpkin cake with caramel sauce is an autumn favorite and a wonderful holiday dessert.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- ¼ c butter, melted
- ¼ c milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 c firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ c light corn syrup
- ½ c heavy cream
- ¼ c butter
- 1 tsp McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Spray inside of 6-quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. For the Cake, mix all ingredients in large bowl. Pour into greased slow cooker. Cook 3 1/2 hours on low or until cake is almost set.
- Get all your caramel sauce ingredients measured and ready to go. Put water in bottom of pan on stove. Add brown sugar and light corn syrup. Turn burner on to high. Watch sugar melt and begin to bubble, but don't stir. Remove from heat when it begins to turn brown. Quickly add cream and butter with a whisk. It will stop cooking with the cold ingredients. When completely melted in, add vanilla and spices and stir until combined.
- Carefully remove slow cooker insert and place on wire rack. Pour 1/2 of the Caramel Sauce over the cake. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes to cool slightly. Serve cake with remaining sauce and ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
Want more? See all of our pumpkin recipes.
Welcome fall with pumpkin recipes – delectable dinner entrées, flavorful side dishes and scrumptious desserts. We have them all.
Want more? See all of our autumn recipes.
See our autumn recipe collection with favorites like pumpkin pies and everything pumpkin spice, and a list of recipes by ingredient for fruits and vegetables harvested in the fall.
Want even more? See our new pumpkin recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.