This slow cooker sausage stuffing recipe leaves the oven free for your turkey. The hassle-free way to make a side dish that wows the crowd.
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing
- ¼ c butter
- 2 c chopped celery
- 1 c chopped onion
- ½ lb mild (sweet) Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 c chicken stock
- 2 tsp McCormick Rubbed Sage
- 1 tsp McCormick Crushed Rosemary
- 10 c cubed French bread (1-inch pieces)
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add sausage; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Add stock and herbs; stir to blend. Stir in bread cubes and sausage-vegetable mixture. Cover.
- Cook 45 minutes on high. Uncover and stir. Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes longer.
Recipe courtesy McCormick via Family Features
Want more? See all of our side dish recipes.
Want some ideas to serve as side dishes to your roast, steak, pork chops or turkey? See our side dish recipes! Easy step by step instructions.
Want even more? See our new side dish recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.