Here is the slow cooker texas trash dip recipe, so it can last for the whole game. Keep it hot, baby!
Here’s the slow cooker version of the famous Texas Trash recipe so you can keep it warm all day long without even thinking about it. The food is the hightlight of game day, but the game is the focus!
Slow Cooker Texas Trash Dip
Texas Trash Dip:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c sour cream
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 pkg McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 c shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- chopped cilantro
- diced tomatoes
- sliced olives
- avocado (sliced or diced or as guacamole)
- nonstick cooking spray
- tortilla chips
- Microwave cream cheese and sour cream in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until cheese is softened. Remove from microwave. Mix with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add refried beans, green chiles, Seasoning Mix and 2 cups of the cheese; mix well.
- Spread bean mixture into slow cooker sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Cover. Cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or until internal temperature of dip is 165 degrees F.
- Top with cilantro, tomatoes, sliced olives and avocado, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe and photo courtesy of McCormick
Like this? See all of our game day recipes.
Pump up the fun while watching the Super Bowl or your favorite sports with these awesome Game Day recipes. Wow the crowd while they’re cheering for their team. You know the food makes the day, whether your team wins or loses.
Want even more? See our new game day recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.