Elegant Smoked Salmon Charcuterie Board for your holiday or wedding appetizer.
Author of: My Organic Life by Nora Pouillon
Nora Pouillon was born in Vienna and moved to the United States in the late 1960s. She was shocked by the highly processed, preservative-laden foods Americans were eating. So she embarked on a crusade to promote a healthier lifestyle. She opened Restaurant Nora in 1979 with her partners, brothers Thomas and Steven Damato, the first certified organic restaurant.
See on Amazon.
5 steps to a smoked salmon charcuterie board.
But first some important tips:
There’s no need to prep or cook smoked salmon. It’s pre-sliced and ready to eat. You can impress your guests in no time with a colorful & tasty charcuterie board.
Wear latex gloves when handling smoked salmon so the smokiness doesn’t rub into your skin.
- First, arrange smoked salmon layers on a wooden cutting board or decorative platter. For the holidays, make a circular wreath in the center with overlapping layers. For an elegant display, roll slices into roses which are easier to pick up.
- Next garnish with your favorite charcuterie sides like olives, capers, pickles and sliced lemon, tomato, cucumber, radish, or colorful seasonal fruit cut in small pieces.
- Then season with dill sprigs, seasoned nuts, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers or buttered triangles of crustless brown bread or flat bread.
- For add-ons, consider Brie, Gorgonzola, Truffle Cheddar cheeses and hummus, guacamole and artichoke dip.
Add a smoked salmon rose as a garnish.
Impress your guests and take your appetizer to the next level with a rose garnish.
A smoked salmon rose is a beautiful addition to your charcuterie board and it is easy to do.
See our step-by-step instructions on how to make a smoked salmon rose.
Want more? See all our appetizer recipes.
Appetizers should be served with every party! They keep the crowd happy if things are running a little late. They are perfect for nibbling while standing up during meet-and-greet. They allow a little taste of a lot of different foods.
See our appetizer recipes for a cocktail party, game day, or pre-dinner dining. Tips on how to create a cheese board.
Want more? Have an appetizer party!
An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget. It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance. It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See new appetizer recipes & party ideas in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
- prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables
- be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas
- get all the freebies, hear about contests and see last week’s articles so you don’t miss a thing.