Smoked Salmon Cucumber Boats are a nutritious and delicious appetizer recipe for your elegant event.
Author of: My Organic Life by Nora Pouillon
Nora Pouillon was born in Vienna and moved to the United States in the late 1960s. She was shocked by the highly processed, preservative-laden foods Americans were eating. So she embarked on a crusade to promote a healthier lifestyle. She opened Restaurant Nora in 1979 with her partners, brothers Thomas and Steven Damato, the first certified organic restaurant.
See on Amazon.
- 1 English cucumber (about 1 1/2 inches thick and 10 inches long)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into tiny pieces
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill sprigs, finely chopped, plus additional for serving (optional), divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces Blue Circle Smoked Salmon, chopped or pulsed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Slice cucumber in half lengthwise and use spoon to scoop out seeds. If cucumber skin is too thick, peel before slicing.
- Gently mix tomato, scallions, 1 tablespoon dill, lemon juice and smoked salmon until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill cucumber halves with smoked salmon mixture.
- Slice cucumber boats into 1/2-3/4-inch pieces crosswise.
- To serve, place pieces on platter and garnish with additional dill, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe by Nora Pouillon, courtesy of Blue Circle Foods
Want more? See all our appetizer recipes.
Appetizers should be served with every party! They keep the crowd happy if things are running a little late. They are perfect for nibbling while standing up during meet-and-greet. They allow a little taste of a lot of different foods.
See our appetizer recipes for a cocktail party, game day, or pre-dinner dining. Tips on how to create a cheese board.
Want more? Have an appetizer party!
An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget. It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance. It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See new appetizer recipes & party ideas in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
- prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables
- be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas
- get all the freebies, hear about contests and see last week’s articles so you don’t miss a thing.