Spicy carrot sweet potato casserole can be your signature side dish at Thanksgiving dinner or any autumn meal.
Spicy Carrot Sweet Potato Casserole.
- 1 jar Aunt Nellie’s Glazed Small Sliced Carrots or 16 oz cooked baby carrots
- ¼ c orange juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp grated orange peel
- 1 c sweet potato pieces (about 2 inches each)
- ¼ c coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, gently stir together carrots with jarred liquid, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger and orange peel.
- Spray 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange sweet potatoes in dish. Pour carrot mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbling and heated through. Allow to stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Seneca Foods
Want more? See all of our side dish recipes.
Want some ideas to serve as side dishes to your roast, steak, pork chops or turkey? See our side dish recipes! Easy step by step instructions.
Want even more? See our new side dish recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.