If you can mold playdough with your kids, you can make these oh-so-cute Spring Bonnet Cookies!
Impress the crowd at your Easter Tea Party with treats that will make them think you’ve gone pro.
- 1 (18-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough or ten 4 1/2-inch cookies
- 10 (2 1/2-inch) medium cupcakes, store bought or homemade
- 2 (16-ounces) containers white frosting
- Food coloring
- 1 (14-ounce) bag M&M’S Milk Chocolate
- Candies for Easter
- Starburst Jellybeans
- Skittles Candies for Easter
- Starburst Fruit Chews
1. Roll sugar cookie dough to 1/4 inch thickness and press out ten 4 1/2-inch cookies. Bake the cookies according to directions on the package. Set aside.
2. Remove paper cupcake liner from cupcakes. Slice off rounded top of cupcake.
3. Ice top of cupcake with 1 tablespoon frosting. Turn cupcake upside down and place on the cookie. Set “cookie hats” on wire rack.
4. Divide icing into 4 bowls. Beginning with a few drops of food coloring, tint icing to desired pastel shade. One at a time, place icing into microwave for 15 seconds. Stir icing and check consistency for pourable consistency.
5. Pour frosting over “hats,” covering them completely. Set aside for 10 minutes.
6. Decorate using candies. To make hat ribbons, unwrap fruit chews and soften in microwave for 5 seconds. Then thinly roll and cut into thin ribbons and wrap around the hats.
Makes 10 bonnets
M&M’S Seasonal Brands