This is a wonderful appetizer recipe created by Louisianan chef Paul Prudhomme using Wisconsin Potatoes.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links (marked with an *). This means that, at no extra cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Bacon, Cheese and Crab Stuffed Potato Skins
Wonderful recipe by Louisianan chef Paul Prudhomme
- 12 small red Wisconsin potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter ((about 1 1/4 pounds))
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Seafood Magic
Bacon Crabmeat Filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz fresh crabmeat, flaked
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Seafood Magic
- ¼ c chopped green onions, if desired
Preheat oven to 425°F.
With a very sharp bread knife, cut potatoes in half lengthwise, cutting across the widest part so the potato shells will sit flat. With teaspoon or melon baller scoop out middle of each potato half and discard, leaving about 1/4 inch of edge.
Place potatoes cut-side up in shallow roasting pan. Combine mustard, olive oil and Seafood Magic; mix well. Brush tops of potatoes with mustard mixture. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
Combine filling ingredients in small bowl; mix until combined. Place about 1 to 2 tablespoons filling in center of each potato. Return stuffed potatoes to roasting pan and bake at 425°F 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Unique appetizers that are sure to wow the crowd!
Want to make it an appetizer party? Here are our tips for success.
- An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget.
- It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance.
- It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See all of our appetizer recipes.
Want even more? See our new appetizer recipes & more.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing