Whether you’re looking for a Tater Tot recipe because it’s Tater Tot Day or because you love them, we have a whole lotta ways for you to make Tater Tots.
- Totcho: tater tots with your favorite nacho toppings
- Breakfast Burrito: bacon, egg, cheese & tater tots inside a burrito
- Mac & Cheese Tater Tots: 2 favorite foods mixed together – layer of mac & cheese, layer of tater tots, sprinkled cheese topping and baked until cheese melted
- Chili Tater Tots: bowl of your favorite chili with a layer of baked tater tots, then your favorite chili toppings like jalapeno peppers and shredded cheese
You can even grill ’em!
Just slide your tater tot onto a skewer with your cubes of beef, chicken, pork or sausage pieces. Add veggies to taste. Grill as usual.
Or, if you want your Tater Tots cooked to crispy perfection:
Grill and cube your meat. Bake Tater Tots in the oven. Cut vegetables. Then assemble on skewers for Tater Tot Shish Kebabs.
Pièce de Résistance: the Tater Tot Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c tater tots
- Preheat oven 375° F.
- Prepare 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sautée onions and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and drain if necessary.
- Stir onions, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce into ground beef. Spread evenly in prepared casserole dish.
- Top with layer of mushroom soup evenly across top of ground beef mixture.
- In a bowl, mix drained green beans and drained corn with salt and chili powder. Spread evenly as next layer in casserole dish.
- Top with an even layer of cheese. (Save some to sprinkle on top if desired. May keep Tater Tots from being as crispy.)
- Add even layer of Tater Tots.
- Baked 40 minutes, or until Tater Tots are golden brown, cheese is melted, and casserole is bubbling.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese if desired, and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Tater Tot Cookbook
Created by food blogger Dan Whalen, Tots! cookbook offers 50 recipes for snacks, appetizers, inspired main dishes, and inspired sides, even desserts.
Try Buffalo Tots, Tot Poutine, Tot Caesar, Tots Benedict, Tot Shakshuka, Moules Tots, Chicken Tot Pie, Tater Tot Pizza, Bibimto, Sausage and Tot Stuffing, Tot Churros in chocolate ganache, Apple Tot Crumble, Tot S’mores and more!