No one really knows why it’s call a Texas Trash Dip, they just know that its the most famous Warm Bean Dip and everyone who’s anyone wants to serve it at their game day party.
Texas Trash Dip is a warm bean dip that is so rich and creamy, containing:
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- refried beans
- taco seasoning
- Mexican cheeses: Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Asadero, Queso Quesadilla
- toppings to taste
Texas Trash Dip
Texas Trash Dip:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c sour cream
- 2 (16 oz cans) refried beans
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 pkg McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 c shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- chopped cilantro
- diced tomatoes
- sliced olives
- avocado (sliced or diced or as guacamole)
- tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In large, microwavable bowl, heat cream cheese and sour cream on high 1 minute, or until cheese is softened. Remove from microwave. Mix with wire whisk until smooth. Add refried beans, green chilies, seasoning mix and 2 cups cheese; mix well.
- Spread bean mixture into 13-by-9-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro, tomatoes, sliced olives and avocado, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Want to make your Texas Trash Dip in the slow cooker?
See our slow cooker recipe here.
Recipe courtesy McCormick
How to make the Mexican cheese blend at home.
Finely shred the following cheeses and blend:
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack
- 2 Cups Natural Cheddar
- ½ Cup Queso Asadero
- ½ Cup Queso Quesadilla
Like this? See all of our game day recipes.
Pump up the fun while watching the Super Bowl or your favorite sports with these awesome Game Day recipes. Wow the crowd while they’re cheering for their team. You know the food makes the day, whether your team wins or loses.
Want even more? See our new game day recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.