Wonderful roasted vegetables side dish, accented with sweet, tangy pickled beets.
Savory Roasted Vegetable Side Dish
- 1 jar Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets, drained, halved
- ½ lb baby carrots
- 1 onion, cut through core into 1/2-inch wedges
- 8 oz shallots, peeled, halved if large
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line 15-by-10-inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Add beets, carrots, onion and shallots. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, 15 minutes. Add garlic to vegetables; toss well. Return to oven and continue roasting 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Seneca Foods
Want more? See all of our beet recipes.
Beets are healthy and add a wonderful flavor, texture and color to appetizer and side dish recipes.
Want more? See all of our side dish recipes.
Want some ideas to serve as side dishes to your roast, steak, pork chops or turkey? See our side dish recipes! Easy step by step instructions.
Want even more? See our new beet recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.