Pancake art and pancake faces don’t require an art degree! They are easy – give it a try. Our ultimate guide to pancake art shows you 6 different ways and gives examples for you to duplicate. Make someone smile with a pancake face today!
There are different types of pancake art:
The level of difficulty increases with each one, but there are step-by-step instructions with example to inspire for each type of pancake art.
- Pancake art with pancake shapes: pouring pancake shapes that look like animals & objects, etc.
- Using a cookie cutter: cut your shape out with a cookie cutter like cookie dough.
- Using a specialty pancake pan: there are special pancake pans and pancake/egg silicone molds to make impressions or a specific shape.
- Creative toppings: add toppings to a pancake to make it look like a face, animal, holiday picture, etc.
- Squeeze bottles: drawing with pancake batter in squeeze bottles (pancake pens) onto a griddle. You don’t have to use color. There are 2 ways to do this: make just an outline (like a snowflake), or filled in allowing some parts to cook longer and appear a darker shade.
- Tinted pancake batter: painting with tinted pancake batter in squeeze bottles with several colors on a griddle.
Click on the table of contents above to jump ahead to the style of pancake art that interests you.
Or, look through all of the examples to see what inspires you by clicking “next page” below.