On a hot summer’s day, what fun cocktail do you drink? Here’s a new and refreshing idea: a Watermelon Bloody Mary! With a bite.
Take your brunch to the next level with a twist on the traditional Bloody Mary. By adding jalapeno and horseradish to this Watermelon Bloody Mary, it goes spicy, spicy. A hot & tasty brunch cockatail your guests will adore.
With watermelon and jalapeno, spicy and sweet with just the right amount of kick.
Need help with knowing how to rim the glass? See our step by step instructions here.
Watermelon Bloody Mary Recipe
- 2 c seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, stem removed, chopped
- 2 limes, juice only
- 6 oz tomato juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 horseradish
- hot sauce, to taste
- ⅓ c vodka
- lime wedges
- chili lime salt
- 4 bamboo skewers (6 inches long)
- watermelon wedges (optional for garnish)
- prosciutto (optional for garnish)
- cucumber slices (optional for garnish)
- jalapeno slices (optional for garnish)
- green olives (optional for garnish)
- In blender, blend watermelon cubes and jalapeno pepper until completely smooth. Pour mixture through fine sieve set over pitcher.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper, fish sauce, horseradish and hot sauce, to taste, to pitcher; stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add vodka and stir.
- Line rims of four glasses with lime juice from lime wedges; dip in chili lime salt poured on plate. Carefully put ice in each glass and divide Watermelon Bloody Mary mixture evenly.
- Add garnishes, as desired, by skewering watermelon wedges, prosciutto, cucumber, jalapeno and green olives. Place garnishes in glasses and serve.
u003cliu003eu003cemu003eWe provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.u003c/emu003eu003c/liu003e
Recipe & photo courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board
Want more? See all of our adult beverages & cocktail recipes.
Want to see our new cocktail recipes – and more?
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing